Care Assistant/Support Worker, Riccall, York
£8.80 - £9.55 per hour + mileage allowance + travel time
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Care Assistants/Support Workers living close to the Riccall, York and Selby areas of North Yorkshire. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning, family-run homecare provider with wonderful values and make a difference in the lives of vulnerable adults.
No prior experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle due to the nature of the role.
Great people doing great jobs
Our client has over 20 years’ experience in the sector and they have a real dedication for high-quality care. They deliver care to clients in their community across two local authorities. They are seeking candidates who share the same values as them; to promote respect, enable independence, share kindness, and deliver an honest and high-quality service. If you like to meet new people, hear their life stories, and make a huge difference to their health and wellbeing, this role would be perfect for you. Their wonderful team and their development are also important to them. They invest in their staff team and everyone feels valued, many of the staff team have been there over 10 years!
What will the role involve?
As a Care Assistant/Support Worker, you will play a pivotal role in supporting vulnerable adults in your local community. Moving from one client’s residence to the next, no day is the same, and each person you help appreciates the support you give them. You will help them enjoy life to the full and continue to do all the things that they love, which may include meeting friends or activities they enjoy. You may also:
- Assist getting in and out of bed and getting dressed;
- Assisting with personal care where required which may include washing and showering;
- Medication prompting and/or administration;
- Helping them to prepare and eat a balanced diet;
- Keeping an eye on any changes in their wellbeing;
- Light domestic tasks such as dusting or cleaning;
- Taking them to appointments or shopping trips/social visits.
Benefits & Hours
- Weekend enhanced rates;
- Full-time and part-time available;
- 28 days holiday;
- Company mobile phone;
- Dedicated training and support offering educational development opportunities, so this could just be the first step of an amazing career.
This company was formed and rooted in family values and they ensure that all of their clients and their families have peace of mind, reassurance and security, which is an amazing feeling and you could be part of that.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.