Care Assistant, Swindon
Are you looking to do something incredible in 2020? Something that could change a life and tackle loneliness for older people in your local community? Are you kind-hearted with a bright personality that could light up a person’s day? If this is you, then we want to hear from you.
We have full and part-time Care Assistant jobs available in Swindon, Wootton Bassett, Cricklade, Wroughton, Shrivenham, Faringdon, Wantage and surrounding areas of Swindon and Vale of White Horse, so if you live in any of these areas, we have plenty of local work for you.
Be part of something special
We are advertising on behalf of an award-winning national home care provider supporting older people in their own homes with loneliness and isolation, food preparation and nutrition, medication reminders, everyday household tasks and assisting with washing and dressing. They strive to provide an amazing quality of care, as well supporting older people to remain as independent as possible.
The job is extremely rewarding as you can care for people on a one-to-one basis and build real relationships with them. Not only that, all visits are a minimum of one hour, so you can give each client your full attention without worrying about the time. They also share the ethos of continuity and this means you’ll see regular clients and get to know their routines.
Their Director previously had a full career in the Royal Air Force Regiment. When he moved to the area in 2002, he noticed a real shortage of high-quality person-centred care for older people locally. His passion is to deliver an improved quality of life and increased independence in an older person’s own homes, peace of mind for their families, and a happy, engaged and fulfilled team of Care Assistants.
Hours & Pay Rates
- Contracted hours available: (16 hours per week salary of £8,694 per annum), (16 hours per week (weekend only) salary £9,152 per annum, (30 hours per week salary of £16,302 per annum)
- Also, Flexible Working Hours’ - £10.00-£11.00 per hour (double rate for bank holidays)
- Early morning hours 06:45 – 12:45 includes alternate weekends, Teatime and evening hours 16:00 – 22:00 includes alternate weekends and weekends only schedules 06:45 – 12:45 & 16:00 – 22:00
- Travel and waiting time at £10 per hour
- Paid Mileage 22p per mile
- A mentoring scheme
- Additional paid training in Dementia and End of Life
- Company Pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- High Street Shopping Discounts
- Referral a friend Bonus
- DBS Refund Scheme
If you are caring in nature, trustworthy, patient and understanding and want to make a difference, why not do something rewarding?
Don’t worry if you have any questions, we will have a chat with you once you have applied and put your mind at ease on any questions you may have regarding joining our team!