Full or Part-Time, Care Assistants & Dementia Companions, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Welcome, thank you for visiting our job vacancy. We are looking for people just like you, people that would love to become a Care Assistant in your local community of Wakefield & Dewsbury. No experience needed – just a passion to make a difference.
- £8.85 - £9.10 per hour plus paid mileage & paid travel time.
- Full and part-time hours, ranging from 16-40 hours per week.
- Availability must include any of the following: Early Mornings, Evenings & Weekends.
- Paid training & DBS.
- Holidays accrued on all working time, including travel time (not every provider offers that).
- Blue Light Card & £50 reward bonus after successful completion of probation.
- Access to discount scheme with retailers.
- Regular social events.
We are very proud that we are a family run company, a company that has been around for over 25 years. Starting a career in care can be daunting but with us it does not have to be. We provide a variety of different services within peoples own homes, as each person that needs our support varies so much. Joining us is very much like joining a family, we care for you as much as we do our clients.
Your Role Explained
Everyone we support live within their own home, the place where they feel the happiest. The support differs according to their needs and circumstances. You will get to know each person you support very well, so that you become a familiar and welcome face to them, being a Care Assistant also includes becoming their companion. An example of some of the things you may do are:
- Firstly, you will get to know your clients, what they like doing and their needs.
- Travelling to a client’s home to prepare breakfast/lunch and companionship.
- Your next call may be to take someone for a doctors or hospital appointment.
- Spending time doing activities within their home and having a good chat about their day.
- Carrying out general housework around the home.
- Assisting with medication/reminders.
- Helping clients stay clean by assisting them to wash and get dressed.
It is a privilege to work within the Care Sector and be part of our fantastic team. If you are a generally friendly, kind person who has a genuine desire to make someone’s day easier and can be that person they can rely on we would love to hear from you.
If you have any questions about this Care Assistant & Dementia Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you to answer any questions you may have. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying.