Care Assistant & Support Worker, Reading
£9.75 - £13.50 per hour + 40p per mile mileage allowance, bonus scheme, paid training + guaranteed hours offered
Full and part-time hours available
We are looking for experienced Care Assistants & Support Workers in Theale, Earley, Tidmarsh, Caversham, Goring and West Reading area to work with older people in the community and help them maintain their independence in their own homes. Due to nature of this job being a car driver is essential.
This is a truly rewarding job where you can make a difference
Our client is a bespoke provider of at home support to private clients. The Director has a previous nursing career spanning 15 years and is very proud of the reputation amongst the local community, as well as the great benefits they offer their very dedicated staff. They understand what it takes to be the best they can be. They focus on longer visits ensuring their clients have the time and attention they need. They also believe in building relationships to provide the very best care and support possible, with a GOOD overall rating with the CQC, which they are very proud of.
Benefits & Hours:
- Full and part-time hours available including mornings, lunchtimes, evenings and weekends– shifts between 7am to 10pm;
- Waking and sleeping night shifts available from 10pm – 7am;
- Sleeping-in rates range from £70.50 - £88.50; waking nights from £77.50 - £102.50;
- 40p per mile mileage allowance (paid from when you leave your home);
- Staff loyalty bonus scheme and benefits scheme;
- Focused training and ongoing support, such as Health & Social Care Diplomas which can lead to pathways such as nursing.
What are the responsibilities?
Your days will be as different as the people you support, and you will be there to help with many things including:
- Preparing healthy meals and making sure they are eating well;
- Assisting with aspects of personal care where necessary;
- Taking them out and about, perhaps to social events, the shops, or appointments;
- Being a reliable companion and someone they can rely on;
- Providing reassurance and peace of mind for their relatives.
Our client believes that they will get the best care from staff that are truly rewarded and valued.
If you are excited by this fantastic opportunity and you want to work for an organisation that will value you, then please click “apply.”