Are you a caring person who wants to make a difference in their local community? If so, we need you now more than ever. We are looking for Care Companions in the Ross-on-Wye area of Herefordshire to support older adults living in their own homes.
During this testing time for the whole country, small acts of kindness can make a huge difference to the life of a vulnerable older adult living close to where you are. If you have a big heart and you want to help, then we would love to hear from you. It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
You could make a difference, so who will you be joining?
We are working with an award-winning homecare provider supporting older people living in their own homes. Their ethos is very much about the people they support and giving back to the community, so they strive to always provide the highest quality support, the kind of support you would want for your own loved ones.
What does the role involve?
As their Care Companion, you will build a relationship with the people you support and help them to stay independent for as long as possible in their own home. A typical day could involve preparing a meal, getting them out of bed, assisting with personal care, helping them keep their home tidy, getting them a bit of shopping so they don’t have to go out and being a good companion. You may sit and natter with them over a brew, do a spot of baking with them, listen to music or reminisce with them while looking through their memories in photo albums. Doesn’t sound like much, but it will mean so much to someone.
Benefits, hours & pay rates
- £9.75 - £10.75 per hour including paid travel time (double time on Bank Holidays).
- Full and part-time hours.
- Guaranteed hours, shift payments, salary or zero hours if preferred – flexibility to choose what suits you best.
- Hours to suit your family commitments but must include every other weekend.
- Refer a friend scheme and earn yourself £400.
- ‘Carer of the month award’ with prizes to be won.
- Paid holidays and free company phone.
- They truly believe in offering every member of their team a diverse range of paid training and career progression opportunities, so this could just be the start for you.
How do I apply or ask a Question?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about this Care Companion job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.