We are looking for full and part-time Care Companions in the Wallingford, Henley-on-Thames, Maidenhead, Twyford, and surrounding areas of Berkshire & South Oxfordshire. No experience is necessary as excellent training is provided. Car Drivers are essential.
With a 9.9 average rating on homecare.co.uk and a Good rating with the CQC, to this provider, ‘care’ means quality care! The Directors started the service to make a difference in their local community by providing a bespoke companionship led care service. To them it is important to treat each client as if they were family and keep them independent in their own homes for as long as possible. Every visit is no less than an hour, meaning they can really tailor the support received whether that be companionship, home help or personal care services.
Could you help Sandra*?
Sandra is 77 years old and has started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She might struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, she might also repeat a lot of things she has already said or get muddled with peoples’ names. She also gets lonely from time to time as her children live so far away. So, a trip to the shops or a nice walk with some company can make all the difference. Could you be the person to make a difference to Sandra?
As their Care Companion, you will be carefully matched to older adults in your local community, living in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. The role can include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered/dressed and other elements of personal care.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Reminding them to take their medication.
- Helping with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening
- Helping with grocery shopping and managing bills.
- Being a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £10.40 per hour days, £11.00 evenings & £12.50 weekends & £20.80 bank holidays.
- Hours tend to be focussed on early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, but will include regular hours on alternate weekends.
- Accumulated holiday pay.
- The biggest benefit is the positive difference you will be making to a person’s life.
There is no upper age limit for applications, we want people who want to give something back to their local community and who have big hearts. You may have had experience caring for a loved one or friend and you want to do it as a career? Maybe you have worked in another sector and you want something more rewarding and fulfilling? If you’ve got the right qualities, then we want to hear from you.
Apply/Ask a Question
If you have any questions about this Care Companion job vacancy, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.
*Sandra is a just an example of someone you would support.