Full & Part-Time, Care Companion job vacancy, Amersham, Buckinghamshire.
We welcome applications from all age groups (our current team range from 19-74 years old), those looking for a change in career, or perhaps you are retired and want to do something rewarding in your local community? If you have a positive personality and go above and beyond for people, then we would love to speak to you.
- £10.80 per hour rising to £16.20 on bank holidays.
- You must be a car driver with access to your own vehicle.
- No experience needed – our face-to-face training is thorough.
- Flexible, full & part-time hours available – minimum of 20-hours per week.
- Realistic travel time between clients.
- Quality time spent with an older adult.
- A safe and secure job.
- You will be working for a company you can be proud to be part of.
Your local community
All our work is in the local community, so if you live in High Wycombe, Amersham, Beaconsfield, Chalfont, Stokenchurch, Penn, Wooburn, and surrounding areas, we have a job vacancy for you right now. You will be carefully matched and introduced to the people you will be supporting so you can quickly build a strong and lasting relationship with them.
Your values are valued
The Branch Owner says: “Knowing you have made someone’s day less lonely or made their life that bit easier by being there means so much. This means arriving on time with the friendliest smile on our faces. Joining us will very much be like joining a family. Our company was born out of a passion to make a difference and I am so glad we do what we do – it’s a true vocation.”
“We are an award-winning, five-star graded employer, rated Outstanding by the CQC, and have a genuine passion for making a difference in people’s lives, particularly the most vulnerable in our community.”
As a Care Companion, you will be playing a big role within your community and helping older adults remain independent in their own home. The care and support an individual requires varies greatly, after all everyone is unique. Here is a flavour of what you might be doing.
- Arrive with the friendliest smile for your morning/afternoon/evening/weekend visit.
- Make breakfast together while having your usual chat.
- Help with the morning or evening personal care routine, including washing and dressing.
- Prepare a meal together, ensuring a balanced diet.
- Maybe prompt them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Do activities and chores together around the house to combat boredom and loneliness.
- Provide end-of-the-day companionship, and a hot drink and a snack before bedtime.
We would love you to apply and are happy to answer any questions you may have. You will be eased into your role with fantastic training and support. In a few months’ time you will be asking yourself why you didn’t consider this job sooner, so please click apply and we will be in touch with you by telephone to tell you so much more.