Care Companion & Home Help Assistant, York
£8.80 - £9.55 per hour + 25p mileage allowance
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated Care Companions & Home Help Assistants living close to the York area of North Yorkshire. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning, family-run homecare provider with wonderful values and make a difference in an adult’s life.
No prior experience is required as excellent training is provided. It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle due to the nature of the role.
Benefits & Hours
- Weekend enhanced rates;
- Full-time and part-time available (based on full shifts i.e. part time would be 2-3, 8-hour shifts per week and full time would be 4+ shifts per week);
- 28 days holiday;
- Company mobile phone;
- Dedicated training and support offering educational development opportunities, so this could just be the first step of an amazing career.
Great people doing great jobs
You could be joining a company rooted in family values with over 20 years-experience in the sector and they have a real dedication for high-quality care in their local community. Their aim is to keep every person they support happy, safe and continuing to do the things they love whilst remaining independent in their own homes. Their wonderful team and their development are also important to them. They invest in their staff team and everyone feels valued, many of the staff team have been there over 10 years!
What will the role involve?
As a Care Companion, you will play a pivotal role in supporting an adult in your local community. You will help them enjoy life to the full and continue to do all the things that they love, which may include meeting friends or activities they enjoy. You may also:
- Assist getting in and out of bed and getting dressed;
- Assisting with personal care where required which may include washing and showering;
- Medication prompting and/or administration;
- Helping them to prepare and eat a balanced diet;
- Light domestic tasks such as dusting or cleaning;
- Taking them to appointments or shopping trips/social visits.
If you like to meet new people, hear their life stories, and make a huge difference to their health and wellbeing, this role would be perfect for you. Helping someone is an amazing feeling and you could be part of that.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.