We have part-time job vacancies for Care Companions & Dementia Friends to work in your local community of Godalming, Surrey. This is a rewarding role like no other, working for a unique homecare provider. It is essential you are a car driver with access to your own vehicle.
Do you live local?
They are looking for people living in the Godalming, Farncombe, Milford, Shere, Cranleigh, Frensham, Rowledge, Chiddingfold, Billingshurst, Petworth, Pulborough, and surrounding areas.
An award-winning employer rated “Good” by the CQC they are looking for naturally caring people to join their team. The owner started the service to do something more rewarding and make a difference in her local community, but also to be one of the best employers in the local area. Her journey in the care sector started when she visited an older lady in a residential home and realised how special these visits were for both her and the lady. This inspired her to want to make a difference.
- £10.00 - £17.00 per hour plus, Pension, paid mileage & holiday pay
- Part Time Hours available, minimum 15-hours.
- Hours available early mornings, evenings & alternate weekends (not every weekend).
- School hours only not available.
- Set clients so no changing rotas and minimum of 1-hour visits.
- Employee Assistance Programme, & staff discount portal.
- No experience is required as there is 12-week training and shadowing programme.
- Be willing to provide personal care where required.
As a Care Companion & Dementia Friend, you will be visiting older adults in their own homes and providing much needed companionship, home help and support. You would not only be helping to combat loneliness, but also helping someone with everyday tasks within their homes. The support provided is never rushed and always tailored to the individual’s needs. Duties can include:
- Helping with morning and evening routine.
- Assisting with medication prompts.
- Taking clients out for exercise, to social activities, or to appointments.
- Preparing healthy meals and domestic duties.
- Being someone, they can rely on and ensuring your client’s welfare.
To apply for this position as a Care Companion & Dementia Friend, you must be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome applications from all walks of life. You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! If you want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter, then this is the role for you.