Full-time, Care Coordinator / Scheduler job vacancy, Godalming, Surrey – driver’s licence essential.
It is a pleasure knowing there are people like you who love nothing more than caring for others and working for a service who aim to deliver the highest quality care anyone could wish for. After all, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing someone smile and making their lives that bit easier, sometimes by doing the simplest of things.
Key Information & Criteria
- Up to £25K per annum DOE plus on-call.
- Bonus scheme based on achieved revenue targets.
- Fantastic work life balance & incredible support & training.
- Up to 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
- Fantastic career progression.
- Experience in homecare is essential.
- Experience in scheduling/coordinating in either the care or logistics sector.
- Good IT, communication & organisational skills required.
- Having attention to detail, working well under pressure & a good memory are essential.
A Message from the Team
To us, care is personal. As a team we are all truly committed to making a difference and we want to lead the way locally in changing the way our older members of our community are looked after in their older years. When you join our team, you will instantly know what a special organisation we are. Everyone in our team feels valued and supported. Throughout your journey with us and we can offer you not just a job but a truly rewarding vocation! There is care… but then there is the way we deliver care. We will invest in you and help you progress to more senior roles.
Our Director was inspired from a young age by an older adult who she visited regularly to a homecare service of the highest quality support for our older generation. Our service is different to any other, providing a minimum of 1-hour visits and we truly make a difference.
As our Care Coordinator / Scheduler, you will be pivotal in ensuring continuity of care to our clients and scheduling the service we provide to clients. The role will involve:
- To manage the planning, coordinating, and scheduling of client support.
- Matching carers to clients and arrange introductions.
- Managing staff rotas ensuring consistency.
- Participate in on-call rota every 4 weeks.
- To ensure compliance & quality assurance in line with procedures & CQC regulations.
- To ensure that all associated information is recorded accurately and promptly.
- Provide care visits when required.
If you are yearning to work for a provider that really does deliver the highest quality care, a provider that you can be proud to represent, then please apply. Once you have applied, we will be in touch to discuss this Care Coordinator/Scheduler vacancy with you and answer any questions you may have.