We are looking for part time Care Assistant & Companions in the Redhill, Reigate, Tandridge, Caterham, Coulsdon, Westerham and surrounding areas of Surrey and Kent. No experience is required as excellent training will be provided. However, you must have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
You would be working for a very bespoke provider of companionship led care and support to older people living in their own homes. An award-winning provider not only in the UK but in lots of other countries where they all follow the same vision – to change the face of ageing and making a huge impact on people’s lives. On a day to day basis you would be matched to older adults in your local community who are looking for a little bit of extra help to stay happy and healthy in their own homes, assisting them with maintaining their routine.
The owner started the service after delivering care for this company and realising what a difference the service made to peoples’ lives. When the opportunity arose to open an office in his hometown, he realised how much he could help in his local community.
Becoming a Care Assistant & Companion in your local community is such a rewarding role. If you have always wanted to do a job that is rewarding, now is a great time to apply and really make a difference. Knowing you have helped someone is a feeling like no other.
Your Job Role
You will visit older people in their own homes and carry out a variety of duties, no two days will be the same. You will be part of a small team visiting vulnerable older people on a regular basis, who need extra support to remain in their own home. This will include: -
- Helping someone get out of bed, washed/showered, dressed/undressed and other elements of personal care.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Remind them to take their medication.
- Help with light housework, laundry, vacuuming, ironing, or a spot of gardening.
- Help with grocery shopping and managing bills.
- Be a listening ear and to treat them with the respect and dignity everyone deserves.
Pay Rates & Hours
- £9.75 - £11.00 per hour, plus mileage allowance.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays, and employee Assistance programme.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings, or a couple of hours on alternate weekends, then this position is ideal for you. (unfortunately, due to the nature of the job, they can’t offer school time hours only).
Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is so rewarding, along with creating lots of memories and knowing you have contributed to making someone’s day that bit happy and easier.
How do you apply?
If you have any questions about this Care Giver & Companion role, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.