We are looking for Befrienders & Care Companions in the Wetherby area of West Yorkshire. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. However, it is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle due to the nature of the role.
If you live in Wetherby, that is perfect, but we also have clients in the Collingham, Boston Spa, Moortown, Roundhay, Alwoodley and surrounding areas.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.50 - £12.00 per hour (Double rate for bank holidays) + mileage allowance and paid travel time.
- Part time hours - 16 hour guaranteed contracts available.
- If you have some availability mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you; (Unfortunately, we can’t accommodate only school time hours).
- Pension scheme and paid holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Fantastic training and development journey with opportunities to train in Dementia, End of Life, Palliative Care and much more.
Be part of something special
You could be joining a CQC “Good” service who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship.
What would I be doing?
By becoming a Befriender & Care Companion you will be helping an older person in your local community not only combat loneliness but also help them stay independent. Everyone’s needs differ, some of our clients are more independent than others, you will be carefully matched to an older adult in your local area needing companionship and support. This could vary from helping them to get up, get dressed, have breakfast to preparing a meal or taking them out for the day. To be a fantastic companion, are you:
- Caring, compassionate and patient?
- Do you have a great personality and would make a fantastic befriender?
- A car driver with access to your own car?
- Looking for a part-time job where you can make a difference?
- Available for either early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings, or a few hours at weekends?
How do you apply or ask a question?
If you have any questions about this Befriender & Care Companion role, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.