We are looking for caring and dedicated Care Support Workers in the Chorley area of Lancashire to provide support to older people within a fantastic and award-winning residential setting. There are day and night shifts available.
Are you a friendly smiling face, an extra special person who could brighten the day of residents living within an amazing retirement community?
Our client is a not for profit organisation and has many years of experience in providing a range of quality services to support people to get the best out of life and delivering excellent standards of residential care. They aim to ensure that dignity and respect are maintained at all times.
As their Care Support Worker, you will provide unrivalled support for residents within a specialised Dementia care community. Their facilities are like no other allowing people to interact socially, evoke happy memories and allow their independence to flourish. They make a profound difference to their resident’s quality of life and happiness, and you could be part of that.
- £8.21 per hour for day shifts;
- £8.71 per hour for night shifts;
- 36 hours or 24 hours per week or casual contracts available;
- Shift times are 7:30am – 7:30pm and 7:30pm – 7:30am;
- Shifts are on a rota basis working alternate weekends;
- Annual leave - 5.6 weeks inclusive of bank holidays;
- Access to retail and entertainment discounts and cash saving plans;
- Excellent ongoing training and development;
- Free on-site parking.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Providing a range of services to meet the personal needs of service users, according to their individual care programmes.
- Personal care, including assisting with washing and dressing.
- Attend to the physical, personal, social and emotional needs of service users, along with promoting independence.
- Assisting with domestic activities including meal times.
- Supporting medicine rounds and completing appropriate documentation.
Experience in providing care and support is desirable, but not essential as full comprehensive in-house training will be provided. They will also support you to obtain recognised care qualifications NVQ 2/3 including Care certificate. They are keen to see you flourish and offer brilliant career progression opportunities too, so who knows where this opportunity may take you?
All applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
If you feel you can make a difference to an older person’s life and you are looking for a rewarding career, then this could be the ideal job opportunity for you, so please click “Apply.”