We are looking for Care Support Workers in the Bishop’s Stortford area of Hertfordshire. The role is a 25-minute commute from Harlow via the M11.
It is desirable that you have awareness of Learning Disabilities, Autism or Epilepsy, but full training is provided, so above all, you need to be dedicated, caring and passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence and held your licence for a minimum of 1-year.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.04 - £9.56 per hour.
- Full and part-time hours including alternate weekends.
- 5 days out of 7, variable shifts 7.15am-2.45pm or 2.15pm-9.45pm (20 minutes paid break).
- High street discounts, discounted gym membership and subsidised restaurant.
- Subsidised staff transport and free on-site parking.
- Other benefits including generous holidays and life assurance.
- Funding and support towards recognised qualifications as well as progression opportunities.
This charitable organisation provides high quality specialist care and support to people of all ages with complex neurological conditions, epilepsy, and associated disabilities. The organisation has over 100 years history of providing education, care, and support services to vulnerable individuals, helping them to live life to the full. Over 150 adults and children rely on this special and call it home, making this an inspirational place to work and an organisation to be proud of.
As a Care Support Worker, you will be helping and supporting adults living in a community based Supported Living service to achieve their potential, develop their independence and live life to the full. Many of the individuals living there previously lived in the residential service and have since been supported to transition to their supported living accommodation. You will help them with their daily life skills and the role will include:
- Assisting with leisure activities which can involve anything from horse riding to swimming.
- Helping with general domestic duties.
- Assisting with personal care when required.
- Helping with management of finances.
- Ensuring the resident’s emotional and physical well-being.
To apply or ask a question
If you have any questions about this Care Support Worker job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.