We are looking for Care Workers & Companions in the Reading area of Berkshire. No previous care experience is needed because excellent training and a supportive induction programme will be provided. However, it is essential that you hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
This homecare provider provides care visits in the community and have job vacancies in Reading, Mortimer, Tilehurst, Southcote, Woodley, Earley, Lower Earley, Caversham, Emmer Green, and surrounding areas.
Why choose the care sector?
The sector is an extremely rewarding one to work in, however you do need the right motivation to care. You can be from any background, but you need to be passionate about making a difference in an older person’s life every day. You may have recently been made redundant and now want to do something more fulfilling, or maybe you have cared for a relative and you want to do it long term, if you have the right characteristics, then you can care. There are long-term prospects too, with opportunities to progress and build a long-lasting, rewarding career.
As their Care Worker & Companion, you will be helping the vulnerable older people you support, maintain their independence in their own homes. Each day will be different and based around the needs of that individual. The role can involve:
- Helping clients out of bed in the morning or up to bed in the evening.
- Assisting with personal care which may include washing or dressing.
- Administering medication.
- Preparing meals & carrying out domestic duties.
- Taking clients to appointments, activities or to do a bit of shopping.
- Treating clients with the respect & dignity we all deserve as we get older.
The organisation was founded by the owner in memory of her Grandmother and with a vision to change the way older people are supported in the community. The owner has a wealth of experience in the care sector in both a hospital and community setting, so they know what it takes to provide the highest standard of care to the older people they look after in their own homes. They recognise the importance of making sure the staff team feel valued and appropriately supported in their role, making it a special place to work.
Pay rates & Hours
- £11.00 - £16.50 per hour + 45p mileage allowance.
- Weekends pay rate of £12.50 per hour + time and half bank holiday.
- Christmas day and Boxing day double time.
- Hours range between 06.30 - 22.30. If you have some availability morning, evenings, and alternate weekends, then we would love to hear from you.
Apply/Ask a question
If you have any questions about this Care Worker & Companion job, or you wish to apply, please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.