We are looking for full and part-time Care Workers & Companions in the Reading area of Berkshire to join a truly wonderful homecare company built on wonderful values. No experience is required as full training is provided, you just need a patient, caring and understanding nature and a passion to make a difference. It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- £11.00 - £16.50 per hour + 45p mileage allowance.
- Weekends pay rate of £12.50 per hour + time and half bank holiday.
- Christmas day and Boxing day double time.
- Hours range between 06.30 - 22.30. If you have some availability morning, evenings, and alternate weekends, then we would love to hear from you.
The organisation was founded by the owner in memory of her Grandmother and with a vision to change the way older people are supported in the community. The owner has a wealth of experience in the care sector in both a hospital and community setting, so they know what it takes to provide the highest standard of care to the older people they look after in their own homes. They are a terrific employer too, recognising the importance of making sure the staff team feel valued and appropriately supported in their role, making it a special place to work. You will have the chance to develop your skills here too, so who knows where this could take you.
As a Care Worker & Companion, you would support older adults living in their own homes and helping to keep living independently for as long as possible. All their clients’ needs vary, and your role can include:
- Providing companionship and helping to prevent loneliness.
- Assisting with personal care.
- Helping with domestic duties and meal preparation.
- Helping with medication.
- Taking clients out to continue doing the things they love, to appointments, or just for some fresh air and some exercise.
A career in care
If you are looking for a role where there are opportunities to develop and long-term prospects to progress in to senior roles, where you can make a difference in a person’s life every day and feel valued for the work you do, then this is it. No matter what your background, if you have the right values and personality, then we would love to hear from you.
Apply/Ask a Question
If you are interested in this Care Worker & Companion job, then please click on apply. Health & Social Care Jobs are advertising on behalf of the end employer who will contact you directly once you have applied, introduce themselves to you and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have. Good luck with your application.