We are looking for part time Care Workers & Companions in the Somerton, Street, Glastonbury Compton Dundon, Langport and the surrounding areas of Somerset. No experience necessary as excellent training is provided. However, you must have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
What are the company’s values and ethos, and why should I work for them?
You would be joining a family run company which was founded by a Nurse Consultant. They strive to provide a home care service which has a personal touch and delivers a high standard of care dignity and compassion to older people in their homes and help them remain independent and live their life to the full. This is a great job opportunity for kind, empathetic people to join a growing company with wonderful values. They make a difference every day to the lives of the people they support, and you could be part of that. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
What will I be doing as a Care Worker & Companion?
- You will support older people living in their own homes and help them stay independent for as long as possible.
- Help with everyday tasks like washing/showering, dressing and other elements of personal care.
- Plan and help preparing well balanced meals.
- You might also be taking them out for appointments or out and about in the community, helping them to keep doing the things they love which could be anything from attending their local singing group, visiting the bingo or just out for a nice cuppa and a natter.
Pay rates, Hours & Benefits
- £8.75 - £18.25 per hour.
- Guaranteed hours and bank hours are available.
- Shifts will include early mornings, evenings and alternate weekends.
- £1.50 per hour extra for early morning (07:00 to 09:00) & late evening work (18:00 – 22:00).
- £1.50 per hour extra for Saturdays & £1.75 per hour extra for Sundays.
- Shift pay (example 7am-3pm) will be paid 7.5 hours, whether you are visiting 1 client or 6 clients during the shift.
- Support towards further qualifications, so who knows where this opportunity may take you.
How do I apply or ask a question?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about this Care Worker & Companion job, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.