Becoming a CAREGiver, Befriender & Companion is such a rewarding role and in this current moment, we need you more than ever in the Rhyl, Abergele, St Asaph, Denbigh, Llandudno, Conwy Llanrwst, Ruthin, and Colwyn Bay areas of Conwy & Denbighshire. It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This could be the most rewarding role you ever take on especially with the current COVID-19 situation in the country. Perhaps you have been furloughed or made redundant and you are looking for a rewarding career change as a keyworker with long term prospects? Maybe you’re someone with hours to spare through the week and you want to help the most vulnerable in the community? If this is you, then we could have what you are looking for.
Who would I be working for?
We are advertising on behalf of an award-winning provider who focus on a bespoke companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. They are rated “Outstanding” by the Care Quality Commission, which is amazing. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 30-minute home visits, but the focus being on companionship. They believe that their team are superheroes and the exceptional care the service provides, is down to them and their hard work and dedication.
What would I be doing?
By becoming a CAREGiver, Befriender & Companion, you will be helping an older person in your local community not only combat loneliness but also help them stay independent. Everyone’s needs differ, some of our clients are more independent than others, you will be carefully matched to an older adult in your local area needing companionship and support. Your role will vary from helping them to get up or helping them to bed in the evening, helping get dressed, assisting with personal care, making breakfast, or preparing a meal or collecting some shopping for them. To be a fantastic companion, are you:
- Caring, compassionate and patient?
- Do you have a great personality and would make a fantastic companion?
- Available for some early mornings, evenings, and alternate weekends?
Benefits & Hours:
- £8.80 per hour weekdays, £9.30 per hour evenings and weekends.
- Paid travel time & mileage.
- Time and half bank holidays and triple time at Christmas.
- Full and part-time hours available, flexible, and fixed contracts (unfortunately, we cannot offer just school hours and full-time hours can be discussed).
- All our team have every other weekend off and we aim to provide a regular working schedule.
- Corporate/high street discount cards & discounted gym memberships.
- Progression opportunities and the chance to obtain further qualifications.
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
How do you apply or ask a question?
If you have any questions about this CAREGiver, Befriender & Companion role, or, you wish to apply please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.