CAREGiver, Befriender & Companion, Lancing, Contracted Hours
£9.50 - £23.00 per hour plus paid mileage and travel time
part time hours available
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Would you like to make a difference to the life of an older person and someone like Teresa*?
There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a CAREGiver, Befriender & Companion could be perfect for you. We have part time hours available around the Lancing, Worthing and Steyning area of West Sussex. No experience is required as excellent training is provided. Being a car driver is preferred but not essential.
Teresa* is 86 years old and a retired librarian and has always been independent whilst living in her own home. Last year Teresa started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She would struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, she might repeat a lot of things she has already said, and she wouldn’t be able to concentrate on her books like she used to. Daily routines have become harder for Teresa* and so has getting out and about doing the things she enjoys. That is where you come in. You may help her with her morning, lunchtime, or evening routine, or even with elements of her care such as showering, bathing and dressing. You might take her to her local singing group, music really helps her remember special memories from her past, or you might help her with her shopping or making a healthy meal. You would be helping her continue to be herself and do the things she loves and remain in her own home, a rewarding feeling like no other.
Benefits & Hours:
- We have full and part time hours available early morning, daytime, evening and alternate weekends;
- If you are available evenings and alternate weekends, we can offer a contract that guarantees 16 hours work per week;
- Pension scheme;
- Paid training, shadowing, meeting and team meetings;
- Fully supported on-going training also working to achieve the Care Certificate;
- Opportunity to gain City & Guilds accredited Alzheimer's and Dementia and End of Life Training;
- Opportunity to undertake a Level 2 Qualification in Health and Social Care;
- Refer a friend/client scheme.
Come and join the best as a CAREGiver, Befriender & Companion!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits that focus on companionship and helping older people remain independent at home.
If you have a big heart and you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you. Within their organisation, if you shine, opportunities are created. They have ambitious plans for the future you could be part of that!
* Teresa is just an example of someone you will support.