Carer, Befriender & Companion, Hildenborough
£9.75 - £15.45 per hour plus mileage allowance
16-30 Guaranteed or Flexible hours per week
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you can make a difference? Could you make a difference to the life of someone like Doris*? There is no upper age limit for applications, becoming a Carer, Befriender & Companion could be perfect for you.
We have part-time jobs available throughout Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, Edenbridge, Hildenborough, Paddock Wood and surrounding areas of Kent. It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Doris* is 89 years old and a retired dental receptionist and has always been independent whilst living in her own home. Last year Doris started to struggle with little things that so many of us find simple. She would struggle to follow simple steps such as following a recipe when cooking a meal, she might repeat a lot of things she has already said, and she wouldn’t be able to concentrate on her books like she used to. Daily routines have become harder for Doris* and so has getting out and about doing the things she enjoys. That is where you come in. You may help her with her morning, lunchtime, or evening routine, or even with elements of personal care such as showering, bathing or finishing off getting dressed. You might take her to her local singing group, music really helps her remember special memories from her past, or you might help her with some shopping or making a healthy meal. You would be helping her continue to be herself and do the things she loves and remain in her own home, a rewarding feeling like no other.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning national brand who focus on a companionship led care service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 2-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on consistent relationships.
Benefits & Hours
- Part-time hours are available between 16-30 hours per week. Guaranteed hour and flexible hour contracts are also available depending on your availability to work.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings and every alternate weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
- £50.00 welcome bonus after 3 months an additional £100 bonus after 6 months continuous employment.
- DBS refunded after 6 months service.
- Excellent in-house training and support is provided;
- Opportunities for career progression;
- The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day.
Do you have a big heart? If you are excited by this job opportunity, we want to hear from you. Becoming a Carer, Befriender & Companion to an older adult is a very rewarding role, so please click apply.
*Doris is just a typical example of someone you would support.