Part-Time, Caring Neighbour, Job Vacancy, Banbury, North Oxfordshire – car drivers essential.
Growing up I always remember my grandma’s caring neighbours. When my gran sadly lost her husband, they looked out for her, brought her warm meals, and regularly popped in to see if she was ok. Her other neighbour John took her shopping to her local supermarket every Friday, without fail for the last 12 years! Are you that kind of person?
We are looking for Caring Neighbours to work in our local community providing companionship, care & support to the older adults living in your local neighbourhood. Age is inevitable, and at some point, we will all need care so think about what that would look like to you. Becoming a Caring Neighbour is such a rewarding role, it is a job that is fantastic for anyone who has spare time on their hands and wants to make a difference. Many people join us who are lonely themselves, have maybe retired and want to do something with their time, have done volunteering work, or cared for a relative. Is that you?
What would I do as a caring neighbour?
- Visit older adults in your local community within their own home.
- Provide companionship, friendship, care & support as well as help with everyday tasks.
- Provide personal care – we’re happy to talk this through with you as it’s often not what you think.
- Go on outings, shopping, appointments or attend activities together.
- Prepare breakfast, dinner, or evening meal together.
- Spend time together helping to combat loneliness and prevent isolation.
- Help keep someone independent, safe and happy.
- Be that person they can rely on and look forward to seeing every day.
As we get older, we would all like to think we had a caring neighbour just like you. After all the older adults in our community deserve the highest quality of care and companionship and to be able to remain in the place, they feel the safest, at home.
- £10.95 to £11.45 per hour, plus mileage.
- Award Winning Assessment & Induction Programme.
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours.
- Early Mornings, Lunchtimes & Evenings are our busy times.
- Alternative Weekend working.
We welcome applications from all age groups (No upper Limit) and previous occupations.
A Message from the Team
To us, care is personal. As a team we are all truly committed to making a difference and we want to lead the way locally in changing the way our older members of our community are looked after in their older years. When you join our team, you will instantly know what a special organisation we are. Everyone in our team feels valued and supported. Throughout your journey with us and we can offer you not just a job but a truly rewarding vocation! There is care… but then there is the way we deliver care.