Part-Time, Caring Neighbour, Job Vacancy, Ambleside, Cumbria. – Car Driver Essential.
We are looking for Caring Neighbours to work in our local community providing companionship, care & support to the older adults living in your local neighbourhood. Age is inevitable and at some point, in our lives we will all need care and think about what that would look like to you. Becoming a Caring Neighbour is such a rewarding role, it is a job that is fantastic for anyone who has spare time on their hands and wants to make a difference. Many people join us who are lonely themselves, have maybe retired and want to do something with their time. Is that you?
Growing up I always remember my grandma’s caring neighbours. When my gran sadly lost her husband, they looked out for her, brought her warm meals, soup and regularly popped in to see if she was ok. Her other neighbour John took her shopping to her local supermarket every Friday, without fail for the last 12 years! Are you that kind of person?
What would I do as a caring neighbour?
- Visit one or two older adults in your local community within their own home.
- Provide companionship, friendship, care & support as well as help with everyday tasks.
- Go on outings, shopping, appointments or attend activities together.
- Prepare breakfast, dinner, or evening meal together.
- Provide some personal care and support with medication.
- Spend time together helping to combat loneliness and prevent isolation.
- Help keep someone independent, safe and happy.
- Be that person they can rely on and look forward to seeing every day.
As we get older, we would all like to think we had a caring neighbour just like you. After all the older adults in our community deserve the highest quality of care and companionship and to be able to remain in the place, they feel the safest, at home.
- £10.50 - £13.50 per hour, plus 25 - 45p per mile mileage, Paid Waiting & Travel Time.
- Award Winning Training.
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours.
- Early Morning, Lunchtime, evening, or weekend availability.
- Alternate Weekend working.
- Carefully matched with clients, minimum of one-hour visits.
- Regular staff meet ups and events including coffee mornings and quarterly staff meetings.
- Supportive work environment that centres on your wellbeing.
- A COVID-19 safe, aware, organisation, with access to the COVID-19 Vaccine.
We welcome applications from all age groups (No upper Limit) and previous occupations.
A Message from the Team
To us, care is personal. As a team we are all truly committed to making a difference and we want to lead the way locally in changing the way our older members of our community are looked after in their older years. As a CQC rated OUTSTANDING, when joining our team, you will instantly know what a special organisation we are. Everyone in our team feels valued and supported. We are a 5* employer and rated within the top 20 providers. Throughout your journey with us and we can offer you not just a job but a truly rewarding vocation! There is care… but then there is the way we deliver care.