Full or Part-Time, Caring Neighbour, Job Vacancy, Morley, Gildersome, Drighlington areas of Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Growing up I always remember my grandma’s caring neighbours. When my gran sadly lost her husband, they looked out for her, brought her warm meals, soup and regularly popped in to see if she was ok. Her other neighbour John took her shopping to her local supermarket every Friday, without fail for the last 12 years! Are you that kind of person?
We are looking for Caring Neighbours to work in our local community providing companionship, care & support to the older adults living in your local neighbourhood. Age is inevitable and at some point, in our lives we will all need care think about what that would look like to you. Becoming a Caring Neighbour is such a rewarding role, it is a job that is fantastic for anyone who has spare time on their hands and wants to make a difference, many people join us who are lonely themselves, have maybe retired and want to do something with their time. Is that you?
What would I do as a caring neighbour?
- Visit older adults in your local community within their own home.
- Provide companionship, friendship, care & support as well as help with everyday tasks.
- Go on outings, shopping, appointments or attend activities together.
- Prepare breakfast, dinner, or evening meal together.
- Spend time together helping to combat loneliness and prevent isolation.
- Help keep someone independent, safe and happy.
- Be that person they can rely on and look forward to seeing every day.
As we get older, we would all like to think we had a caring neighbour just like you. After all the older adults in our community deserve the highest quality of care and companionship and to be able to remain in the place, they feel the safest, at home.
- £9.21 per hour
- Award Winning Paid Training.
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours available.
- Car Drivers Essential, due to the nature of the work.
- Regular weekly availability is beneficial to ensure regular routine.
We welcome applications from all age groups (No upper Limit) and previous occupations.
A Message from the Team
We are a unique family run Homecare business formed to make a difference following one of our Director’s poor experience of care for their own relative. We truly have an amazing team; we are small enough to focus on quality and we want to always keep it that way. We are very proud of achieving a good CQC rating and since opening 8 years ago, we have received so much reward from delivering exceptional compassionate care to people in the local community. We truly believe that this is not just another job – it's a way of life.