£10.00 - £11.00 per hour
Full time hours available
I am the proud new owner of a Residential Care Home for Older Adults in the Hove area of Brighton. We are looking for a dedicated Chef/Cook to complement our newly formed team.
I took over the home at the beginning of 2019, after previously owning a Domiciliary Homecare company. It had been neglected by its previous owners and had some bad press, so it has been my mission to turn it into a fantastic, homely place for our residents, future residents and staff. We’re making fantastic progress and have introduced lots of positive changes, including the refurbishment of most of the rooms and are currently planning a large extension that will house a newly fitted out kitchen.
Could you be our next Chef/Cook?
- Do you have a real passion for cooking and appreciate how important this job is to the well-being of our residents, both physically and mentally?
- Do you have the relevant Cooking / Food Qualifications, i.e. NVQ, Level 1, City & Guilds 706/1, BTEC, QCF;
- You will be planning, preparing and cooking a varied of meals within a provided budget, whilst considering nutritional and dietary needs of our residents;
- You must have the ability to effectively communicate with care staff, residents and visitors;
- You will be required to maintain high standards of food hygiene and food safety to ensure all controls, recording and monitoring required by CHEFFS manual are carried out effectively and take great pride in your work.
Benefits & Hours
- You will be required to work 5 shifts out of 7; between 8am and 3pm;
- 1-2 years’ experience in a busy kitchen;
- Minimum of level 2 in health and hygiene.
We are proud of our home from home environment and the support which we provide for older people living with dementia and poor mobility. We are also proud of the daily activities and our holistic approach to care which we carry out daily to help our residents to relax and feel comfortable. We understand that every day is precious for our residents – so it’s our intention to make them good ones.
If you want to be part of our lovely family run home, that is going through such positive changes, we would love you as part of our team! Please click on apply and I will give you a call to answer any questions you may have!