We are looking to recruit for a family for a Children's Care / Support Worker to work within a family home in the York area of North Yorkshire. You would be working one to one with a young child with complex needs.
Located Just off the A19 North West of York City Centre, within commutable distance from Nether Poppleton, Shipton by Beningbrough, Easingwold, Raskelf & Thirsk which are all within 20 minutes travelling distance to the family’s home.
This will be more than a job. This is an amazing role where you will make a positive difference in the life of a lovely 3-year old boy. As his Support Worker, you will be helping his Mum at home providing care. He has severe epilepsy and has several seizures a day and cannot weight bear, he is also registered blind. With your support he can play with his toys, eat and drink, and you will also help with personal care, getting him ready for bed and taking him out. You will be pivotal in supporting him as he grows older and in supporting his family long-term, which is a truly rewarding feeling.
You will be employed directly by a small Paediatric Case Management company who are very bespoke and provide a much-needed personal approach to families finding themselves needing complex case management for a loved one. They are immensely passionate about what they do, the support they provide to families and advocating for children who have complex health conditions.
Benefits & Hours
- £12.00 per hour weekdays, £13.00 weekends & £20.00 bank holidays.
- A variety of shifts are available which will be discussed by telephone after applying.
- Working a mixture of Day & Night Shifts
- Permanent Full Time Positions
You will be a caring and compassionate person who is passionate about the difference you can make in a Child’s life:
- You will ideally have NVQ Level 3 or above in Health & Social Care/Childcare
- Ideally you will have experience of working with children with epilepsy/complex needs.
- Peg Feeding experience desirable although full training will be provided.
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- DBS online preferable.
Disabilities should not stop a child from achieving their dreams and this is a rewarding job where you can help shape a child’s life and make a difference.
If you are excited by this amazing job as a Paediatric / Children’s Support Worker, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.