We are looking for someone who could lead by example and become a Deputy Care Manager close to the Ludlow area of Shropshire. If you are passionate about the children you support and you ensure any child you support has only the best care within a structured and friendly atmosphere, then this could be perfect for you. ***You must have previous experience of working with Children in a Residential Setting.
This role is commutable from Kidderminster, Hereford, Leominster, Tenbury Wells and surrounding areas. This is accessible via the A49 and A456 transport links.
Our client is a leading provider of therapeutic residential support for children and young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and Learning Disabilities. They offer structured and personalized support, including 1 to 1 support and group sessions, within a safe and homely atmosphere. The home/school is a fantastic workplace, where you will be joining a dedicated and passionate team, who adore where they work and what they do!
Deputy Care Manager – Job Description
This job provides a massive potential to progress within this organization. The provider has several services across Wales, Cheshire, and Shropshire, so if you have the ambition, you have the opportunity!
You will be an excellent role model for your team. Your duties will include:
- Being responsible for the daily care of the young people.
- Deputising for the registered care manager when required.
- Contributing to the development of the young people through the provision of a healthy lifestyle and a variety of stimulating activities.
- Monitoring performance of staff through supervisions.
- Care planning & reviews and other meetings as required.
- Manage and oversee the daily routine and programmed outdoor activities for the children
Salary & Hours
- You will receive a salary of £22,308 - £26,002 DOE.
- 40 hours per week and typical shifts are: 7.30 – 9.30 am / 2.30 pm – 10.30 pm / 9.30 pm – 9.30 am from Monday to Friday and 7.30 am – 10.30 pm on weekends and holidays.
What experience are we looking for?
- It is essential that you hold an NVQ Level 3 in Caring for Children & Young People/ Level 3 in Residential Childcare/social work.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working with children/young people in a Residential Children's Home Setting and 1 years’ experience in a senior role.
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
If you have the skills we are looking for and you are passionate about the difference you can make, then we would love to hear from you. Once you have applied for this job, you can speak to one of our friendly advisors, who have a good understanding of the provider we are recruiting for and can answer any questions you may have.