Children’s Home Manager, Shrewsbury
£36K - £39.5K per annum
We are looking for a Children’s Home Manager living close to the Shrewsbury area of Shropshire. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded children’s residential home for young males aged between 10-18 years with very complex behaviours and behaviours that challenge.
This provider has a proven track record in meeting the needs of young people. It can be challenging, but the rewards of seeing a young person overcome hurdles in their life or seeing them progress and achieve their goals is something else!
Change lives, make a difference
This provider has a strongly person-centred approach and they work hard to deliver high quality care. One of their board members has a history of campaigning for disability rights and another who has some 44 years’ experience as a social worker, they all aspire to transform lives. Every person matters to them and this is an example of the wonderful work they do, “Not only do they never give up on our daughter, but they always make us feel important and respected.”
As their Home Manager, you will be an inspirational role model and have the children at the heart of everything you do. Your role will also include:
- Applying a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislation (Children’s Home Regulations 2015, Quality Standards 2015 and Towards a Stable Life, Brighter Future 2002) to all aspects of service delivery;
- Developing the staff team’s knowledge and understanding of safeguarding practices;
- Leading and co-ordinating the development, implementation and delivery of the young person’s Quality of Life Plan across the integrated services;
- Managing resources effectively to meet all the physical needs of the young person;
- Providing regular feedback, support and direction to staff teams;
- Participating and contributing to the objectives of the wider organisation.
What qualifications & experience are required?
- You will hold a Level 5 in Leadership & Management for Residential Childcare (or equivalent);
- 3 years-experience working with children within the last 5 years, with at least 1 year at a Senior level or above;
- You will also hold a manual driving licence.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.
This job is commutable from Shrewsbury, Oswestry, Wrexham, Whitchurch, Welshpool and surrounding areas.