Children’s Mental Health Support Worker, Dartford
£8.21 - £10.08 per hour + Enhancements DOE
We are looking for a Children’s Mental Health Support Worker living close to the Dartford area of Kent, (approx 20 -25 minute drive) who can support children with complex mental health needs within a hospital setting.
This service is rated Good with Ofsted and caters for children who have a mental health condition. You will form part of a fantastic, responsive team who provide a peaceful and therapeutic environment. Set in beautiful grounds, it is a truly special place to work where you can make a positive difference to a child’s life. You will provide guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support as well as maintaining a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in. The role will also involve helping with personal care and it will also involve supporting with challenging behaviour.
What experience do I need?
- Experience within Mental health or supporting someone with challenging behaviour is desirable, this can be through work or personal experience.
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in a relevant care setting is preferable but not essential.
- It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle due to the location of the service.
- However, you must have a genuine desire to make a difference in a person’s life.
Pay rates, benefits and hours
- £8.21 - £10.08 per hour + enhancements DOE
- Full-time, 38.5 hours per week
- 12.5hr shifts (working one-month days, one-month nights)
- Days 08:00-20:00 and nights 20:00-08:00
- The shift pattern would usually be 3 shifts one week, 4 shifts the next.
- Full training given so you feel supported and confident.
- DBS check paid for.
- Employee Perks like a discount scheme so you can save on the high street;
- Regular Support & Development so that you can flourish.
If you are looking to develop a career in Mental Health, and this position excites you, we would love to hear from you. Becoming a Support Worker could be just the start of your career! Who knows maybe you could be a Manager of the Future! Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.