We are looking for nurturing Children’s Residential Support Workers in the South Leeds area of Leeds, West Yorkshire to work within a small residential service for children with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD), mild Learning Disabilities and Children then have suffered significant trauma and abuse.
The role is commutable from Leeds City Centre, Morley, Churwell, Holbeck, Beeston, Middleton areas and close to the local transport links of the M621, M62, A61 and A63, so also close to local amenities.
An Opportunity to Turn a Life Around
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can help to change the life of a child? You could be joining a well-established service that is helping children turn their lives around so they can achieve their dreams and reach their potential. Their CEO has over 30-years’ experience working with young people and has a strong belief that every child is worth fighting for. Their residential homes create a place where every child, often for the first time, feels a sense of belonging and they learn life skills to set them up for a positive future.
How can I make a difference?
As their Support Worker, you will be key in helping create a safe environment for the young people to flourish. You will help them with education and life skills, and ultimately, their independence. You will work therapeutically with them to help teach coping strategies and to respond to things that have happened in their lives, maximising the chance of a positive and lasting future.
- You must have a strong desire to support children and make a difference in their lives - the employer will support you in obtaining Holding a Level 3 NVQ in Children & Young People's Workforce or Residential Childcare if you do not already hold this qualification.
- It is essential that you are over the age of 21 and you have a full UK manual Driving License.
Salary, Hours & Benefits
- £18,250 - £21,556 per annum DOE.
- £36 per sleep-in (6 sleeps over 3 weeks, an extra £216 per month).
- Full-time hours, 3-week rota but you will need to be flexible to meet the needs of this service.
- Week 1, 3 sleeps required.
- Week 2, 2 sleeps required.
- Week 3, 1 sleep required.
If you are excited by this job opportunity and you meet the above criteria to be a Children’s Support Worker, then please click on the apply button. Your CV should be in a Word or PDF Format, PLEASE NOTE you cannot use your Indeed CV as this belongs to Indeed. If you have any problems applying, please send your application to the email address shown on this advert stating which job it is your applying for including Job Title and Area. Please always include your full name, address and postcode on your CV. Once you have applied Health & Social Care Jobs will give you a call to answer any questions you may have.