Are you an experienced Children’s Residential Support Worker, Youth Worker or someone who would love to start a career with Children in a Residential Care? We are looking for Children’s Support Workers in the Carlisle area of Cumbria.
We have a number of Children’s Residential Homes & Outdoor centres, and have job vacancies in the Carlisle, Kirkby Stephen, Kendal & Penrith Areas of Cumbria. You must be a car driver with a manual driving licence and also be happy to take part in outdoor activities.
Our client is a specialist Children’s Home Provider, who provides Residential care for children aged 8-17 years of age. They also provide outdoor activities as part of their approach to their therapeutic care. This a unique service built on wonderful values believing that every child deserves the highest quality care. Taking advantage of their ideal location, their ethos is to use the outdoors as a key element in supporting the young people through their journey. They seek to create an environment where they can build appropriate, trusting relationships with adults, learn life skills for a more positive future, and most importantly, be children.
Your job as a Residential Support Worker
As their Residential Support Worker, you will provide a high standard of care to vulnerable children. You will encourage the young people to participate in outdoor activities. You will also be alert to the signs of distress or abuse and ensure the young people are monitored and protected. You will motivate the young people to take an active part in decision making and to be involved in the design and delivery of the care they receive. You will play a major part in shaping a child’s future and helping them achieve their goals and full potential.
Benefits & Hours of Work
- Potential To earn £19K-£26K per annum (dependent upon Experience / hours worked).
- All meals provided whilst on shift.
- Lots of employee benefit schemes & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Shift Pattern - Start 1st day of your shift between 9am-10am (depending on service), then sleep-in overnight, work the second day, sleep-in and handover to colleagues the next day by 10am, then you would be have 4 days off.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience is not necessarily essential as full training will be provided.
- A good understanding of what it means to work with Children who are in Care.
- Desired - Level 3 in Children and Young People’s workforce, or equivalent.
- The flexibility to work shifts including weekends, evening, and sleep-ins.
- Full manual driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
How to Apply
This is a very challenging, yet rewarding career, and Children in care need excellent role models, people they can rely on and feel supported by during this difficult time in their lives. If you feel you are that someone, we would love to hear from you. Please click on apply, once you have one of our team will be in touch to discuss the vacancy further and answer any questions