We are searching for dedicated and compassionate Children's Residential Support Workers in the Market Drayton area of North Shropshire. This role will be commutable from surrounding towns and villages, such as; Loggerheads (10mins), Hinstock (10mins), and Wollerton (15mins), via the A41 and A53 transport routes.
It is essential that you have a full UK Driving License and hold a NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People, Residential Childcare or Social Work in order to apply for this position. Experience of working as a Social Worker with children is advantageous.
Who is our client?
With several outstanding ratings from Ofsted, you will be joining a leading residential and educational provider, dedicated to supporting children and young people who have led troubled lives, currently living with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD). This is a job that is not for everyone, the children in their care can be challenging but the rewards of seeing that young person overcome hurdles in their life or seeing them progress and achieve their goals is something else!
How can I help?
As their Support Worker, you will work closely with the young people to ensure that they are being supported and lead a good quality life - achieving positive outcomes. This requires a desire to make a real difference in young people’s lives and be committed to providing an excellent level of care. It also means being there on the bad days as well as the good. You have the opportunity to help make small changes to someone’s future, how amazing is that?
"There can often be challenges within the social care sector, but the support from the management team and fellow colleagues is brilliant. Things change from day to day and there is a great deal of variety to the role."
Role Requirements, Salary & Benefits
- You will receive a salary of £21,612 with potential to increase to £24,559;
- Generous annual leave.
- Pension scheme.
- Money saving initiatives on cars and breakdown.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent 2-week induction programme with fantastic training.
- Ongoing professional development.
- Funded opportunities to access further qualifications including foundation degree level.
Hours & Shifts (Includes sleep-ins)
- You will be contracted to a 2 x 24 hour back to back shifts, and 4 days off shift pattern, amounting to 48 hours per week. (e.g. Starting at the home at 8am on a Monday morning and then leaving at 8am on the Wednesday morning).
- Sleep-ins are inclusive to your annual salary, however are paid at £54-£68.40 per sleep in.
- Your overtime rate will be £10-£12.10 per hour.
- Based on the above you will be working 244 hours per month (including your sleep-ins) equating to 61 shifts per year. However, flexibility is required.
So, if you are excited by this amazing opportunity, we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisers will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.