Children’s Senior Support Worker/Practitioner, Shrewsbury
£25,126 - £26,864 per annum
We are looking for an enthusiastic Children’s Senior Support Worker/ Practitioner who lives in the Shrewsbury area of Shropshire, if this is you, we would love to hear from you!
With two outstanding ratings from Ofsted, you will be joining a leading residential and educational organisation, dedicated to supporting children and young people who have suffered early childhood trauma and abuse. This is a job that is not for everyone, the children in our care can be challenging but the rewards of seeing that individual overcome hurdles in their life or seeing them progress and achieve their goals is something else!
It is essential you are a car driver and have previous experience in a similar role. You must also hold one of the following:
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care – Children & Young People
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England)
- Diploma in Social Work
What are the hours, salary and pay rates?
- £25,126 - £26,864 per annum.
- Hours: 2x 24 hour shifts then 4 days off (includes weekends on a rolling rota).
What are the benefits?
- Sick pay scheme, pension scheme, employee assistance programme;
- Discount schemes, including discount from car leasing;
- Excellent 3-week induction programme with fantastic training;
- Ongoing professional development;
- Funded opportunities to access further qualifications;
- 2-week intensive induction and training in PRICE, PACE, Emergency First aid etc.
What experience do I need to be your Children’s Senior Support Worker/Practitioner?
- Experience in leading teams and mentoring junior members of the team;
- Experience working with Children and Young people for 1 year or more;
- It is essential you have worked with children in a residential/ educational setting.
“This job is extremely rewarding, and you will be joining a fantastic team! We are all highly qualified and dedicated and support each other”. If you feel this job is for you! You live close to the Shrewsbury area of Shropshire and you want a job that will make a difference everyday please click on apply.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Health & Social Care Jobs are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.