We are searching for Children’s Support Workers in the Sheffield area of South Yorkshire? Have you got the ability to support the children within this service to a very high standard?
This job is commutable from Barnsley (24 mins) and Rotherham (13 mins).
Becoming a Support Worker is just the start, this organisation actively promotes from within and encourages people to progress. You will be joining a unique provider, who promote independence and life skills for children with learning disabilities, living within a residential environment.
Our Client specialises in providing care and support for children and Young People aged 10-21 who may have challenging behaviours, autism or ADHD. They may also have suffered neglect, trauma, sexual exploitation or abuse. This is a very rewarding job however it can be challenging but with your time and support you’ll see these children grow from strength to strength.
Do you have a positive and encouraging nature and natural leadership qualities? Yes? Well you are what we are looking for!
What are the hours, pay rates and benefits?
- Full and part time hours are available.
- Full Time Shifts will include days, evenings, weekends and sleepovers.
- Part Time Shifts days evenings and weekends only.
- £7.38 per hour for under 25 years old. Sleepovers £60.00 per night.
- £7.83 per hour for over 25 years old. Sleepovers £60.00 per night.
What experience and qualifications will you need to be a Children’s Support Worker?
- You will have at least 1 years’ experience working with children or have done relevant training courses within childcare
- Have a caring nature and want to make a difference to the life of a child.
- Have patience to be able to support children through moments of challenging behaviour.
- Car drivers would be desirable.
So, could you make a difference? Do you believe everyone should be themselves and have the same opportunities as everyone else? If you have always thought about a career in care and making a difference, then take the first step by applying for this Support Worker job today. You will gain all the training you need to change your life and the individuals you support. Still not sure? Don’t worry one of our wonderful career advisers will talk you through the job itself and any questions you might have.