Children’s Support Worker, Hereford
£18,681 per annum
We are looking for dedicated Children’s Support Workers living close to the Hereford area of Herefordshire to work in a residential service for young people aged 8 to 19 years with severe learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviours. This job will be working close to the Bromyard area.
Be part of an inspirational team and make a difference
Our client provides a specialist residential care and education service for young people, creating a safe and nurturing environment where they can reach their academic potential and achieve their promise. Their services are shaped to meet the needs of the people they support. Every service is completely different and will change over time to meet their needs. They promote positive relationships, how to self-manage behaviours, as well as teaching life and communication skills.
As their Support Worker, you will be a fantastic role model to the people you support, you will ensure they have everything they need, and keep them safe and happy! You will support within the school, plan activities & day trips, attend regular training sessions and deliver personal care where required. You will play a key role in helping the young people achieve all their goals both now and in later life, which is a wonderful feeling.
I would love this opportunity, what are the hours, salary and benefits?
- Up to £18,681 per annum;
- Full- time hours, 37.5 hours per week;
- Rolling rota pattern including evenings and weekends - shifts are 7.30am – 3.00pm and a 2.30pm – 10.00pm;
- Travel allowance, paid sick pay & 30 days paid annual leave;
- Pension scheme;
- Fantastic support and funding towards Residential Childcare Level 3.
What experience and qualifications do I need?
- It is preferred that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle;
- It doesn’t matter if you don’t have any prior experience as you will be provided excellent training (although prior experience in supporting people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour would be desirable);
- You will need a fantastic and encouraging attitude to want to achieve and learn;
- And a natural respect for the dignity and individuality of residents.
Are you the positive role model we are looking for?
This could be just the start of your career, this employer actively promotes from within, so you could be a manager of the future. Our client will provide full training and qualifications to support you fully in your role and will recognise when you have the skills to progress.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity and you want to make a difference in a child’s life, then we would love to hear from you.
This job is commutable from the Leominster (12.5 miles), Worcester (15 miles), Hereford (15 miles) and surrounding areas.