Children's Support Worker

  • Location


  • Sector:

    Children's Services & Specialist Education (SEN)

  • Job type:


  • Salary:

    £8.41 - £9.39 per hour DOE + benefits

  • Contact:

    Amanda Wright

  • Contact email:

  • Job ref:


  • Published:

    7 months ago

  • Expiry date:


  • Consultant:


We are looking for Children’s Support Workers in the Bristol area. This job is commutable from Thornbury, Filton, St. Paul’s and surrounding areas.

This is only the start of your career you could be a Manager of the future! This organisation has just been awarded “Outstanding” with Ofsted which is amazing! We’re looking for someone to support our client’s amazing children and young people grow and flourish. Be part of a specialist school and residential setting that soars above the rest. The school was founded by a CEO who is a passionate advocate for children & young adults with learning difficulties. When he set up his company, he founded it saying “Things can be done better. We can make a difference.”

What does a Support Worker do?

You will be working with children and young adults aged 5-19 living with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and other associated difficulties. In the morning you will assist with getting washed and dressed and support to make their breakfast. Afterschool or on weekend shifts you’d encourage them to participate in activities and hobbies and help them find what they are passionate about, so they can grow up achieving new skills. Life skills and learning is a prominent part to this role as well as getting paid to have fun such as cinema trips, bowling and horse riding!

  • £8.41 - £9.39 per hour DOE and qualifications with children;
  • Full or part time hours;
  • Day or Night shifts available;
  • Early shifts 7.30am – 3.30pm;
  • Late shifts 2.30pm – 10.30pm;
  • Sleep-ins – 10:30pm – 7am (£65 allowance payable per sleep-in shift); 
  • Generous benefits package, including high street discounts and child care vouchers.
  • Fantastic career progression and ongoing training.

What experience do I need to be a Support Worker?

It is essential you have experience working with children or young adults or have a reasonable personal experience of working with people with learning disabilities. You will ideally hold an NVQ level 3 in Children and Young People as mentioned above. If you do not have your level 3 full support will be given to achieve this after probation.

It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.

Do you believe things can be done differently? Every child deserves to be encouraged to be the best they can be! Do you want a job that is not only a career, but is so rewarding, make a difference every day!  If this excites you or you are still not sure, don’t worry, click on apply and one of our wonderful career advisers will give you a call to talk you through this amazing opportunity.