Children’s Support Worker, Camden
£13.46 per hour
2.5 hours minimum per week (hours can increase, maximum 10-15 hours per week)
We are looking for a Children’s Support Worker in the Camden area of North West London to join a young and rapidly expanding childcare charity service who aim to develop inclusive, high quality play and childcare services.
This is an exciting opportunity for a caring, enthusiastic individual with experience of working with children and young people with complex learning difficulties or Autism to join a wonderful charity founded by a group of parents who believe that every child should have a happy childhood working towards a bright future. They put the well-being of the children and their families first at all times.
What are the hours and benefits?
- Hours will be after school 2.5 hours and weekends are 4-5 hours;
- Pension scheme;
- Full induction offered and training opportunities;
You will be supporting children aged 4-18 living with autism, learning disabilities and challenging behaviour in their home or community. You will be providing short breaks for families coping with the demands of caring for a disabled child/young person. You will be working one to one with a child, developing a positive relationship and giving them the opportunity to explore a wide range of positive activities and experiences so they can live life to the full as every child should.
What experience & skills are required?
- Experience of working with children with complex learning difficulties, emotional, behavioural and communication difficulties and those with ASD;
- Experience of using positive behaviour strategies;
- A relevant qualification with children or Health and social care essential;
- Being a car driver is preferred but not essential;
Being a Support Worker is an extremely rewarding job, so if you are a patient, empathetic person and you are interested, please click on ‘Apply’ and we will contact you to discuss further.