We are looking for a Children’s Support Worker living close to the Boroughbridge area of North Yorkshire. You would be working one to one with a young child with complex needs.
This will be more than a job. This is an amazing role where you will make a positive difference in the life of a lovely 3-year old boy. As his Support Worker, you will be helping his Mum at home providing care. He has severe epilepsy and has several seizures a day and cannot weight bear, he is also registered blind. With your support he can play with his toys, eat and drink, and you will also help with personal care, getting him ready for bed and taking him out. You will be pivotal in supporting him as he grows older and in supporting his family long-term, which is a truly rewarding feeling.
Benefits & Hours
- £12.00 per hour weekdays, £13.00 weekends & £20.00 bank holidays;
- £64.80 per sleepover;
- Full or part-time as possible job share;
- 3 days / nights a week 4pm-9:30am next morning;
- Permanent role;
- Immediate start available.
What experience & qualifications are required for this Support Worker role?
- You will have NVQ Level 2 or above in Health & Social Care/Childcare;
- It is essential you have experience working with children with epilepsy and complex needs or sight complications;
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Above all, you will be a caring and compassionate person who is passionate about the difference they can make in a person’s life;
- DBS online preferable.
Disabilities do not stop you from achieving your dreams and this is a rewarding role where you can help shape a child’s life and make a difference. You will be enriching lives which is a wonderful feeling.
If you are excited by this amazing job as a Children’s Support Worker, then we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.