Children’s Support Worker, Salisbury
£18,250 - £21,556 per annum DOE + £36 per sleep-in
Full-time hours, 3-week rota including mix of earlies, lates, weekends and long days
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can help to change the life of a child? We are looking for caring Children’s Support Workers living close to the Salisbury area of Wiltshire to work within a special residential service for children living with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD), Autism, Challenging Behaviours or may have suffered trauma and abuse.
Turn a life around
You could be joining a truly wonderful service that is helping children turn their lives around so they can achieve their dreams and reach their potential. Their CEO has over 30-years’ experience working with young people and has a strong belief that every child is worth fighting for. Their residential homes create a place where every child, often for the first time, feels a sense of belonging and they learn life skills to set them up for a positive future.
As their Support Worker, you will be key in helping create a safe environment for the young people to flourish. You will help them with education and life skills for their futures and, ultimately, independence. You will work therapeutically with them to help them to respond and react to things that have happened in their lives, maximising the chance of a positive and lasting future.
Experience & requirements
- Experience of working with children is essential;
- It is essential that you hold a qualification relating to children’s care i.e. Childcare, Children & Young People’s Workforce or Residential Childcare;
- It is essential that you are over the age of 19;
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence;
- What is important is having a real passion for caring for children, helping transform a young life and helping each child achieve their dreams and goals.
If you are excited by this amazing job opportunity, we would love to hear from you. We are proud to recruit for the Social Care Sector and when you click on apply, one of our friendly careers advisors will contact you to discuss this in more detail. We only employ experts, so you can always rely on us to look after you during your career change.