Full or part-time, Community Care Assistant & Companion job vacancy, Shrewsbury, Shropshire – no experience needed – car driver essential.
- £9.60 per hour + paid mileage & paid travel time.
- Enhanced rate of pay at bank holidays.
- Hours include earlies, evenings, and alternate weekend (or weekends only if you prefer).
- Paid DBS.
- Great work/life balance.
- Regular clients at regular times.
- Fantastic career progression and fully funded Care Certificate.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of.
A Message from Our Carer
Natasha – “I have been working at this company since late 2020, to say it’s brilliant is an understatement. I genuinely love working in the care sector. Following my first contact with the office, they were so understanding of what I was looking for and they explained how flexible the role can be. The Registered Manager is amazing, incredibly supportive, and there if you need a hand. I already feel like a valued member of the team and I know that the work I do is having a positive impact on my clients. My lovely clients have recently sent me thank you cards and texts which makes it all worthwhile, I was in tears. Being able to have that connection and making a difference is a privilege. It’s certainly not like going to work, but more visiting family. I’ve found a forever home here.”
We are part of an award-winning national brand founded by a family and with family values running throughout the service. This service was opened by a brother and sister team over 12 years ago who were inspired by the family values ethos. They have experienced the challenges of caring for older relatives and this has driven us to create a high-quality home care service in the local area, promoting independence and dignity for our clients. Quality is at the heart of everything we do.
As a Community Care Assistant & Companion, you will be visiting older adults in their own home. Helping them with everyday task so they can continue to live in the environment which they love most and for as long as possible, duties will include:
- Helping them with daily routines such as getting up in the morning or ready for bed at night.
- Helping with elements of personal care.
- Ensuring their home is safe & clean.
- Preparing meals & collecting shopping or prescriptions.
- Providing companionship and being someone who they can rely on for support.
If you have any questions about this Community Care Assistant & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. You will receive a warm welcome to our team and will always be supported and valued. We understand you will have some questions, do not worry, once you have applied one of our team will contact you to have an initial chat so we can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have.