Full or part-time, Community Care Assistant & Companion job vacancy, Wakefield, West Yorkshire – no experience needed – car driver essential.
- £9.00 - £9.30 per hour plus paid mileage & paid travel time.
- Full and part-time hours, ranging from 16-40 hours per week.
- Availability must include any of the following: Early Mornings, Evenings & Weekends.
- Paid training & DBS.
- Holidays accrued on all working time, including travel time (not every provider offers that).
- Healthcare plan, including dental, optical treatment, Employee Support Line & 50% discounted gym membership.
- Access to wellbeing portal – podcasts, advice and personal plans for all aspects of daily life.
- Blue Light Card – access to discount scheme with retailers.
- £50 reward bonus after successful completion of probation.
- Vehicle maintenance support – annual MOT paid & contribution to annual car service.
- Regular social events.
A Message from Our Carer
Natalie – “I have been working at this company since late 2020, to say it’s brilliant is an understatement. I genuinely love working in the care sector. Following my first contact with the office, they were so understanding of what I was looking for and they explained how flexible the role can be. The Registered Manager is amazing, incredibly supportive, and there if you need a hand. I already feel like a valued member of the team and I know that the work I do is having a positive impact on my clients. My lovely clients have recently sent me thank you cards and texts which makes it all worthwhile, I was in tears. Being able to have that connection and making a difference is a privilege. It’s certainly not like going to work, but more visiting family. I’ve found a forever home here.”
We are very proud that we are a family run company, a company that has been around for over 25 years. Starting a career in care can be daunting but with us it does not have to be. We provide a variety of different services within peoples’ own homes, as each person that needs our support varies so much. Joining us is very much like joining a family, we care for you as much as we do our clients.
As a Community Care Assistant & Companion, you will be visiting older adults in their own home. Helping them with everyday task so they can continue to live in the environment which they love most and for as long as possible, duties will include:
- Helping them with daily routines such as getting up in the morning or ready for bed at night.
- Helping with elements of personal care.
- Ensuring their home is safe & clean.
- Preparing meals & collecting shopping or prescriptions.
- Providing companionship and being someone who they can rely on for support.
If you have any questions about this Community Care Assistant & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. You will receive a warm welcome to our team and will always be supported and valued. We understand you will have some questions, do not worry, once you have applied one of our team will contact you to have an initial chat so we can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have.