Part-Time Community Care Assistant & Dementia Friend, jobs, Newhall area of South Derbyshire. No Experience Needed – We offer Award Winning Training – however you do need to be a CAR DRIVER with your own car.
There is no upper age limit to apply, we welcome all applicants.
It is a pleasure knowing there are people like you that love nothing more than caring for others and brightening someone’s day. After all, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing someone smile and making their lives that bit more easier, sometimes by doing the simplest of things?
Caring in your Community
If you live in communities of Ashby de la Zouch, Newhall, Melbourne or surrounding villages we would love to welcome you to our team.
Who will I support?
Because you get to know one another well, the care that you would provide is never awkward, just natural. Some people worry about personal care, but people also have the wrong idea what personal care means – if this is something you are unsure about, we can explain this to you once you apply.
You will be carefully matched and introduced to the person you will be supporting, and you will share a great relationship together. Your visits will never be rushed, and they are never less than an hour, meaning you spend quality time with the person we match you with.
As a Community Care assistant & Dementia Friend, the Care & Support an individual requires varies greatly, after all everyone is unique! All our clients vary from being very independent to some that need much more care and support. You could -
- Arrive with a refreshing, friendly smile for an early morning call.
- Make breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Assisting with morning or evening routine, washing/undressing/brushing teeth etc
- Prompting to take any medication.
- Preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Doing activities in the house together, for example baking, crafts, watching TV
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
- £10.30 – 10.40 per hour, Double Pay Bank Holidays, plus Mileage
- Award Winning Training
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours
- Hours available include early mornings, lunchtimes, evenings & weekends.
- Alternative Weekend working; however, this can only be a couple of hours.
- A COVID-19 safe, aware, organisation, with access to the COVID-19 Vaccine.
- We welcome applications from all age groups (No upper Limit) and previous occupations.
A Message from the Team
To us care is personal. As a team we are all truly committed to making a difference and we want to lead the way locally in changing the way our older members of our community are looked after in their older years. When you join our team, you will instantly know what a special organisation we are. Every one of our team feels valued and supported and throughout your journey with us and we can offer you not just a job but a truly rewarding vocation! There is care… but then there is the way we deliver care.
Once you apply, I will call you to introduce myself and get to know you. If you have any questions at all, do not worry, I will answer any questions you may have when we speak. I look forward to you joining our amazing team!