Part-Time Community Care & Dementia Friend, jobs, Kendal & South Lakes area of Cumbria – No Experience Needed – We offer Award Winning Training – however you do need to BE A CAR DRIVER with your own car.
It is a pleasure knowing there are people like you that love nothing more than caring for others and brightening someone’s day. After all, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing someone smile and making their lives that bit easier, sometimes by doing the simplest of things
We welcome applications from all age groups (No upper Limit) and previous occupations.
Caring in your Community
If you live in communities of Kendal, Windermere, Ambleside, Milnthorpe, Grange Over Sands & surrounding villages we would love to welcome you to our team.
You will be carefully matched and introduced to the person you will be supporting, and you will share a great relationship together. Your visits will never be rushed, and they are never less than an hour, meaning you spend quality time with the person we match you with.
Because you get to know one another well, the care that you would provide is never awkward, just natural. Some people worry about personal care, but people also have the wrong idea what personal care means – if this is something you are unsure about, we can explain this to you once you apply.
As a Community Care & Dementia Friend, the Care & Support an individual requires varies greatly, after all everyone is unique! All our clients vary from being very independent to some that need much more care and support. You could -
- Arrive with a smile for an early morning call.
- Prepare breakfast and assist someone with their morning routine whilst chatting away!
- Assisting with morning, lunchtime & evening routines.
- Assist with dressing/undressing, bathing, brushing teeth or other elements of personal care.
- Enjoy preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Providing companionship to combat their loneliness & make their day enjoyable.
- Coming up with activities to do, maybe baking a cake together.
- Provide early evening companionship a hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
- £10.50 - £13.50 per hour, plus 25 - 45p per mile mileage, Paid Waiting & Travel Time
- Award Winning Training
- Flexible, Part-Time Hours
- Early Morning, Lunchtime, evening, or weekend availability
- Alternative Weekend working
- A COVID-19 safe, aware, organisation, with access to the COVID-19 Vaccine.
A Message from the Team
To us all, care is personal, we want our Kendal office to be at the centre of the South Lakes community, and to be known for the outstanding Companionship Led Care we provide.
Every one of our team are passionate people who truly believe in what we do. Our values are cascaded from our lovely owners who have a vision to deliver the highest level of care to our community. As a team we are all truly committed to making a difference and we want to lead the way locally in changing the way our older members of our community are looked after in their older years. When you join our team, you will instantly know what a special organisation we are. Every one of our team feels valued and supported and throughout your journey with us and we can offer you not just a job but a truly rewarding vocation! There is care… but then there is the way we deliver care, with companionship at the heart of it all.
You would be joining an award-winning employer rated Outstanding by CQC, the only provider in Cumbria.
Once you apply, I will call you to introduce myself and get to know you. If you have any questions at all, do not worry, I will answer any questions you may have when we speak. I look forward to you joining our amazing team!