PART TIME, Community Care Assistants and Dementia Friend jobs, Epping, Loughton, Ongar, and surrounding areas of Essex. Car Drivers Essential. We welcome applications from all age groups (No upper Limit) and previous occupations.
Have you ever thought about a career in Care? Have you ever thought I could not do that? Well, what if you can?
Since the COVID-19 Pandemic we have seen more and more people join us to become Community Care Assistants and Dementia Friends, many joining us whilst on furlough or after being made redundant and many saying they wish they had changed careers sooner! We have recently employed Hairdressers/Barber, Retail Assistants, Chefs and Receptionists just to name a few and it is amazing what transferable skills you can bring, and we offer Award Winning Training.
- £10.25 per hour for Weekdays and £10.40 for Weekends, plus mileage and paid travel time
- Award Winning Ongoing Training
- Flexible, Part-Time, committed hours, depending on availability
- Alternative Weekend working, hours reflected on availability
- A COVID-19 safe, aware, organisation, with access to the COVID-19 Vaccine.
Caring in your Community
You could care for someone like May? May is just an example of someone we would support, all our clients’ needs, interests and hobbies vary. We always tailor the care we provide to each individual.
May* is 98 and lost her husband some 25 years ago. May has always been independent and enjoys a regular routine including having her hair shampooed and set every Thursday, shopping Friday, and watching Challenge TV on repeat. When May started to show signs of early onset Dementia her family started noticing small things at first, small things that concerned them, she was not doing the things she used to do. There was dust in the bath suggesting she was not bathing; the bed had not been slept in suggesting she was not going to bed at night and she had also stopped watching TV over fear of using the electric. So, the family called us. Here is what we do for May:
- We call on May Mornings, Lunchtimes and Evenings – May has two regular Care Assistants.
- We cook breakfast for her, she loves porridge every morning.
- We shower May three times a week, she can do most of it herself, but we stay close by.
- May likes a cooked dinner, in fact she has gained weight since we started caring for her, she will say she does not eat much but this is not true at all!
- Because we cannot go out at the moment, we watch Challenge TV and sometimes bake cakes, she loves making plate pies (Her late husband loved them).
- On an evening, we provide much needed companionship before bed, make sure any medication has been taken and help her get undressed. May loves to read so we always make sure she is happy and settled before we leave for the evening.
Who are we?
We are an Award-Winning Provider of Companionship Led Care. When we say Companionship led care, this is because every one of our Community Care Assistants are carefully matched ensuring care provided is never awkward, you are more like a friend and an extension of their own family. We are also companionship led because we do so much more than just pop in, all our visits are a minimum of an hour, meaning we not only ensure care needs are met we also enjoy the time we spend together.
If you are interested in applying but you do not have a CV, please email us directly with some brief history about yourself, your full address, postcode and confirm you are a car driver with your own car. If you have any questions about this job, please do not worry once you have applied, we will call you to discuss everything with you so please do not let one question stop you applying! We cannot wait for you to join our team.