Full & Part-Time, Community Care Assistants & Dementia Companion, jobs, Central & South Birmingham – Car Drivers or None Car Drivers are welcome to apply.
It is a pleasure knowing there are people like you that love nothing more than caring for others and brightening someone’s day. After all, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing someone smile and making their lives that bit easier, sometimes by doing the simplest of things.
Caring in your Community
If you live in communities of Harborne, Edgbaston, Selly Oak , Bournville, Kings Norton, Moseley, Kings Heath, Wythall, Hodge Hill, Small Health, Yardley, Acocks Green, and surrounding areas we would love to welcome you to our team.
Who will I support?
You will be carefully matched and introduced to the person you will be supporting, and you will share a great relationship together. Your visits will never be rushed, and they are never less than an hour, meaning you spend quality time with the person we match you with.
Because you get to know one another well, the care that you would provide is never awkward, just natural. Some people worry about personal care, but people also have the wrong idea what personal care means – if this is something you are unsure about, we can explain this to you once you apply.
As a Community Care Assistant & Dementia Companion, the Care & Support an individual requires varies greatly, after all everyone is unique! All our clients vary from being very independent to some that need much more care and support. You could -
- Arrive with a smile for an early morning call.
- Prepare breakfast together whilst chatting away!
- Assisting with morning/evening routine & light personal care such as helping with washing, undressing, or brushing teeth.
- Prompting to take any medication.
- Preparing lunch together, taking care of their nutrition is important.
- Maybe prompting them to use the toilet, to keep their routine.
- Going on outings, hospital visits or visiting the shops together.
- End of the day companionship, hot drink, and chat before bedtime.
- £9.30 - £18.00 per hour, plus 20p per mile mileage.
- Full & Part Time Hours available from 5-40 Hours per week.
- Award Winning Training
- Required availability at least one of the category : Early mornings before 9am ; Evenings 6pm – 10pm ; Alternative Weekends
- A COVID-19 safe, aware, organisation, with access to the COVID-19 Vaccine.
- We welcome applications from all age groups (No upper Limit) and previous occupations.
Why Join our Team
To us, care is personal! My inspiration to form the company was born out of a very personal journey. I saw someone I loved go from being a strong independent person to being struck down with cancer & then Dementia. Being able to care for them was the greatest honour I had. As a team we are all truly committed to making a difference and we want to lead the way locally in changing the way our older members of our community are looked after in their older years. When you join our team, you will instantly know what a special organisation we are. Everyone in our team feels valued and supported. Throughout your journey with us and we can offer you not just a job but a truly rewarding vocation! There is care… but then there is the way we deliver care!”