We are seeking a Community Care Assistant in the North Shields area of North Tyneside. Do you live in or around Wallsend, Byker, Whitley Bay, Forest Hall, Tynemouth, Shieldfield as we have jobs in your local community? Previous experience is preferred but not essential, as excellent training is provided. You must have a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
What are the Company values & Ethos?
The name of this company was inspired by two very special people in the owner’s life and their aspiration was to be different from everyone else out there. The owner is a family person with an ethos that to deliver great care, you need great Care Assistants who feel valued and supported. The feedback and reviews they receive from their team are exceptional.
What does a Community Care Assistant do?
People often have the wrong perception of what care involves. You will always need to demonstrate a strong commitment to delivering a high standard of care whilst respecting the client’s dignity.
- Helping someone to get out of bed in the morning prepare for their day;
- Washing, showering and bathing;
- Assisting with dressing;
- Prompting to take medication;
- Preparing meals and light housework;
- Taking someone out into the community, to the doctors or hospital appointment;
- Being a Companion for someone to rely on.
Benefits, Pay & Hours
- Full and part time shifts available which will include early mornings, evenings and alternate weekends;
- Paid Induction and weekly pay;
- £8.60 per hour plus mileage allowance;
- 29 days holiday including bank holidays pro rata, with 1 extra day holiday each year of service;
- 30p per mile mileage allowance;
- Pay rate increases to £9.25 after 12 months’ employment;
- Enhanced bank holiday rates available;
- No initial payment for your DBS.
This is a great opportunity for kind, empathetic and reliable people to join a growing company with wonderful values. They make a difference every day to the lives of the people they support, and you could be part of that. If you are excited by this opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.
How do I apply or ask a question?
We are Managed Advertising Solutions Ltd; we act as an Advertising Agency on behalf of the end employer. If you have any questions about the job, or you wish to apply, please click the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & your application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact your directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.