We are looking for someone with a care background ideally with excellent knowledge of Dementia care to become our Community Care Network Coordinator, based just outside Birmingham (South West Side). This would suit someone working within Older People’s Care/Homecare looking for a change of direction. Someone who is well presented and confident speaking to people.
Working for an award-winning organisation that provides Companionship to older people living in their own home, they mainly employ people who want to make a difference in their local community. Your job will include:
- Networking in the local community to promote the organisation, its values and the support it can provide to people who don’t necessarily need personal care but may need companionship and additional support as they age.
- To run Dementia café’s, give local talks and deliver training sessions on Dementia.
- To gain new referrals and follow these up with a visit
- To manage the website content (including news & events) and use social media to promote the company.
- To research any advertising, marketing or promotional material that can be utilised.
- To build new relationships within the community.
- Attend local events
You will be out within the community 60% of the time networking for clients and also looking for volunteers and companions to join our team, 25% of your time will be marketing and creating events and the rest of the time you will be in the office. This is an extremely varied role, but the most important part is personality, passion and someone who can be an ambassador for our brand.
You must have the following skills/experience: -
- Experience of Older People’s Care including Dementia
- Excellent level of written English
- Excellent IT Skills Including social Media
- An outgoing personality not afraid to publicly speak
- An excellent understanding of the care referral process
If you would like to work for an organisation to be passionate about, an organisation you are proud to represent and you believe older people deserve the very best level of support, then please get in touch. They are very much a company that you can believe in and be proud to work for. In the first instance please apply and one of our team will contact you to discuss the role further.