Community Dementia Friends & Companion jobs, Shrewsbury, Full or Part-Time, Car Drivers
Due to an increase in the need for our services, we are looking for Dementia Companions close to the Shrewsbury, Oswestry, Wem, and surrounding areas of Shropshire. This fantastic homecare provider provides care visits in the community to older adults living in their own homes. No previous experience is required as training is provided and fully paid. It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Pay rates, hours & benefits
- £9.30 per hour + paid mileage & paid travel time. Enhanced rate of pay at bank holidays.
- Hours include early mornings, evenings, and weekend (or just weekends if you prefer).
- Paid DBS.
- Great work/life balance.
- Fantastic career progression and fully funded Care Certificate.
- Being part of a service that will value you, but also be part of a company to be proud of.
We are part of an award-winning national brand founded by a family and with family values running throughout the service. This service was opened by a brother and sister team over 12 years ago who were inspired by the family values ethos. They have experienced the challenges of caring for older relatives and this has driven us to create a high-quality home care service in the local area, promoting independence and dignity for our clients. Quality is at the heart of everything we do.
As a company we also care for our carers and each one is valued and rewarded for their dedication. We invest in everyone and pay travel time, so no valuable time with our clients is lost. You will see regular clients at regular times and work locally – so no long commutes. There is a wonderful team spirit too and this is a place where you can flourish – “I absolutely love working for the special people I look after; it always feels like a privilege.”
As a Dementia Friend & Companion, you will be visiting older adults in their own home. Helping them with everyday task so they can continue to live in the environment which they love most and for as long as possible, duties will include:
- Helping them with daily routines such as getting up in the morning or ready for bed at night.
- Helping with elements of personal care.
- Ensuring their home is safe & clean.
- Preparing meals & collecting shopping or prescriptions.
- Providing companionship and being someone who they can rely on for support.
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Companion job, or if you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. You will receive a warm welcome to our team and will always be supported and valued. We understand you will have some questions, do not worry, once you have applied one of our team will contact you to have an initial chat so we can get to know you, this is a chance for you to ask any questions you may have.