Complex Care Assistant, Ashford, Kent
£11.00-£12.00 per hour
We are seeking a compassionate individual to become a Complex Care Assistant living close to Ashford to support a gentleman in the Tenterden area of Kent. This is a great opportunity to join a specialist provider of support services for adults and children with complex care needs; including acquired brain injury, spinal cord injury and multiple sclerosis.
Who will you be joining?
You would be joining an award-winning specialist complex care provider who help adults and children live an independent lifestyle of their choice in their homes. They aspire to help the most vulnerable to have the best possible quality of life. As their Care Assistant, you will be part of a small team working alongside a qualified nurse; providing two to one support for a male client in his own home, enabling him to live at home and in the community with dignity. He requires clinical support which will involve tracheostomy care, ventilator support, cough assistance, medication administration and social involvement.
Benefits & Hours
- Monthly rota - shifts will be 12-hour days or 12-hour waking nights: 07:00-19:00 or 19:00-07:00;
- 210 hours annual leave (pro rata);
- Opportunities for specialist training and achieve Care Certificate award;
- Full training and support within the role;
- Regular team meetings;
- Ongoing support from their Senior nurse team;
- Outstanding career development opportunities – so who knows where this opportunity may take you?
What experience will you need?
- Previous experience in the sector is preferable but not essential as excellent training will be provided;
- Above all, you will be a reliable and empathetic person who is able to demonstrate a passion for the role and willingness to improve the lives of others.
A family relative of a client said, “The personal care given to my husband enabled him to have less discomfort and maintained his well-being. This contributed to a very ill man being able to stay in his own home for the last few months of his life, surrounded by everyone who cared. They monitored him closely and kept me informed this gave me peace of mind”.
This organisation is forward thinking and recognises the hard work and dedication of their team. They work hard to nurture and mentor you, so you can flourish in the role whilst making a positive difference to the life of the person you support. This is more than just a job.
If you are looking for a rewarding career and you share these values, then this could be an ideal opportunity for you, so please click “apply.”