We are seeking passionate Dementia Friends & Care Companions in the Cardiff area of Wales. No experience is required as excellent training will be provided. However, you must have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This special organisation has job vacancies available in the Cardiff, Penarth, Dinas Powys and surrounding areas of Glamorgan, Wales.
Pay Rates & Hours
- £9.25 - £10.00 per hour + 25p per mile mileage allowance.
- Plus, travel time paid at £9.00 per hour.
- Flexible hours available between 7am and 11 pm.
Come and join the best!
You could be joining an award-winning global brand who focus on a companionship led care service. This exceptional service is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a purely private client base, but the focus being on companionship. With multiple awards won over the years, this homecare provider has built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK, making it a truly rewarding place to work.
As one of their Dementia Friends & Care Companions, you will be part of a small team who have been carefully matched to clients with similar interest and hobbies. You will support older adults living in their own homes with a variety of activities which will include: -
- Helping someone to get up in the morning or getting prepared for bed in the evening.
- Personal care, so supporting people with showering/bathing/washing/dressing.
- Helping prepare a balanced meal or helping with domestic duties.
- Helping with paying bills and going shopping.
- Being someone who has time to listen to their stories and be good company.
How do you apply or ask a question?
If you have any questions about this Dementia Friend & Care Companion role, or you wish to apply, then please click on the apply button. Once you have applied, we would carry out an initial pre-screen of your application, your CV & application is then passed to the end employer who would then contact you directly to progress your application further. This would usually be within 24-72 hours of applying and this telephone conversation is for you to ask any questions you may have and the end employer to find out more about you.