Becoming a mobile Dementia Friend & Care Companion in your local community in the Coal Aston area of Derbyshire is a job with lots of reward and satisfaction. We are looking for naturally caring people to join our team. Due to the nature of the role, it is preferred that you are a car driver.
- £10.00 - £20.00 per hour.
- Pension scheme, paid holidays, and employee Assistance programme.
- If you have some availability early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, plus some time during the day, evenings, and a few hours on alternate weekends, then this position is ideal for you.
A good Dementia Friend & Care Companion knows: -
- How many sugars you like in your tea.
- What your favourite song is.
- That you prefer your hair parted.
- That you need a bit of extra help in the morning and to take a shower.
- That you always like pickle in your sandwich.
- That you need some help to finish getting dressed but always like to wear a tie & look smart.
- That you love going dancing at the local community centre (when you’re allowed again).
- You like to watch the news at 1pm every day.
- You like a cup of warm milk before bed.
- You love talking about your time working in the Police force.
You may have never worked in care before, but the main reason you are applying is because you want to make a difference! You want to get up every day and really make someone’s day that bit brighter. If so, becoming a Dementia Friend & Care Companion is the role you’re looking for.
You could be joining an awarding winning care company rated Outstanding by the CQC. The Directors are a husband and wife team who are passionate about how older people should be looked after in old age, one of the Directors was a Nurse for over 30 years, so they understand what it takes to provide the highest standard of care and go above and beyond for those that need support. This organisation focusses on a bespoke companionship/relationship led service. They have won multiple awards over the years and have built an excellent reputation within communities across the UK.
Are you naturally caring, a good conversationalist who really wants to do something rewarding?
If you are all of these things, we would love to hear from you. Please click on the apply button and upload your CV. If you don’t have a CV do not worry, simply email us directly with some information about yourself please include the job vacancy, name, full address and if you are a car driver with some brief history about yourself and we will be in touch.